Follow UmbelMania on Twitter

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Here I Am Again

It's Tuesday again and I'm (joyously) at home. Similar to last week however, I have things I need to do. I'm stopping the devil making work for my idle hands just now by writing this as the floor is drying. Yes, I've been a hive of industry, which is necessary in order to get us ready for xmas. The house is ghastly, or rather it was until I set about it with a myriad of cleaning products today.

On a rather dour note, I have zero time off to spend with my lovely family. Just the 25th itself to be precise. I could whitter on about that ad infinitum but I shall refrain. One of the things I've been doing today is looking for a new job, and it's been fairly productive with several phonecalls received and one definite CV put forward by an agency to a local company. Cross your fingers, toes and moustaches for me please.

In my tidying frenzy I have come across several unfinished bits and pieces of paintings, some of which I will try to complete over the next few weeks, as they have a glimmer of hopefulness about them. I am also very excited with the knowledge that santa is bringing me a whole load of lino printing materials and tools, all ready for my next adventure in the new year.

Speaking of new year, I really must pat myself on the back. My intention last January was to get back into doing creative work, and looking back over the past year I can't help but be pleased with the huge progress I've made. I've got a whole portfolio full of paintings here that I'm really quite pleased with, not to mention the 50 plus pieces that have sold. I guess I can call myself a professional artist now, eh?

It was shaky at first, but it was going to be, wasn't it? With the support of other people in a similar position I have grown in confidence, producing (among other things) a few pieces that I don't think I'll ever be able to part with. I also got the courage together to promote myself, which was one of my biggest hurdles. Nowadays I'm quite blasé about showing my work off, having shed my shyness and worry that people will think it's rubbish. I imagine plenty of folks do think that, but it honestly doesn't bother me at all. I'm thoroughly enjoying doing what I do and it makes my life so much richer. All in all a wonderful place to be.

There's still stuff to be done around the place, namely my dreadfully messy bedroom, so I'm off to tackle that before my beloved returns home form the hill, so to speak. I hope to be back soon with new paintings and wonderful news of pastures anew. Come on santa, get your act together and bring me a lovely new job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.