Follow UmbelMania on Twitter

Saturday 15 January 2011

Shrink!

We started off the day by watching a bit of telly and having breakfast together, which was ace. I'm just loving Shameless and I feel very spoiled by there being five episodes this week. Had a good natter with my sis on the phone too, catching up on all her news and whittering about my work (since that's pretty much all I have in my mind these days).


I wanted to do a bit of 3D work today, some samples of brand new stuff. I made a flower out of synthetic satin and it turned out really well. My shrink plastic arrived so I thought I'd give that a go too. All I can say is, wow! I am loving it. I made a cupcake and a sugar skull. I can't imagine why I've never used this before. It shrinks down your images by about 70% and is quite hard work, but well worth the effort.  I started off by doing a drawing, then tracing it onto the plastic before colouring and then finally heating it. You can also gloss it, which I may do tomorrow.



After talking with my sis this morning I have yet more projects to do. I have finally decided to write some lists, which I should have been doing all along really. So many ideas pop into my head that I keep losing them in the chaos, so recording them somewhere seems very wise.


Oh and last night we had a simply fantastic time! Jay and I went to see this chap (Phil) who wants to do some music with him. We were there a few hours and I helped with lyrics and critique, which was more fun than I'd ever expected. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and we came out of there having completed a whole track. It sounds brilliant and I'm so proud that they let me be involved. The setup there is something else, with all the computer gubbins and music odds and ends to create and record tracks just like that. Phil is very very good and ever such a nice fellow, it was a pleasure to be there. I'm really looking forward to next time.


Did a little sales shopping in town on a brief trip out this afternoon. I got coloured pencils and watercolour pencils for a few quid a tin, a serious bargain. Yes, I know, all my buying for ages has been art materials and I run the risk of becoming a bore. I shall try to balance it out by buying some new shoes or something asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.