Follow UmbelMania on Twitter

Sunday 19 June 2011

OMG, so happy!

I've simply got to share my squee and delight today at my amazing, awesome and all round super excellent book press! My father in law presented it to me this morning when we visited for Fathers' Day.

I had no idea it was finished and equally no clue of what it was going to be like. My only stipulation was that it would press (squash stuff) and I didn't mind at all how it looked. Imagine my astonishment when I saw this elegant piece of work. It's just divine and will do the job perfectly.


It has four wingnuts so I can tighten it up with my feeble hands and even has little non slip feet on the bottom! He's done so well with it. I wouldn't have been able to come up with such a simple and perfect design in a million years. Book press design has made it to the 21st century and I'm over the moon to be the only owner of such a thing.

As if all that wasn't enough excitement, he also went and cut a bunch of lilies from the garden for me to bring home and paint. I feel so spoiled today.

The kids are all coming over shortly to torment, erm I mean celebrate with hubby. I'm just about to make a roast dinner of giant proportions for everybody. There'll be my super special gravy and yorkshire puddings too, so they'll all be groaning and unable to move by the time I'm done feeding them. It doesn't matter who you are, your mum's roast dinner is always the best meal in the world :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.