Sunday, 29 May 2011
I've just become the proud recipient of the above award from the lovely Pam at http://lovesagoodyarn.blogspot.com/
"I love reading your blog and I think you deserve this, so I'm awarding you with the Versatile Blogger Award.
I'm also passing the rules for accepting this award:
* Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their site in your original post.
* Tell us seven things about yourself.
* Pass along the award to five newly discovered bloggers.
* Contact these bloggers and let them know they got this award.
It’s as simple as that. Hope you accept!"
What a lovely thing to have! I've been blogging for many years and this is my first award of any sort. See, I said something good would happen today after passing the 50 milestone on here and my facebook page.
Seven things about me? OK, here goes.
1. I adore pumpkins. Autumn is a most glorious time of year for me and I always go to the pumpkin farm on my birthday to choose some special characterful ones for carving. I take the carving very seriously. I also collect ceramic, glass and any other sorts of pumpkins I can find, as long as they're not the jack o' lantern types. I have teapots, plates, candle holders, a giant soup tureen and many rather large pottery pumpkins in both natural and crazy colours. One is even chromed.
2. I like to wear my art. My left arm is almost completely covered from elbow to wrist in a tattoo of purple paisley, and my feet have poppies tattooed on them. They're all from my own drawings.
3. I am the reigning Splat the Rat Champion 2010/2011 of Brakes Foodservice, Runcorn Depot. I beat the whole department in splatting that vermin at our annual awards ceremony just before I left to become a full time artist. The boys were outraged - a woman has never won this before, especially not a 40 something woman with a renowned lack of co-ordination. In yer faces, lads.
4. My desk calendar permanently says it's April 51st. It's one of those with cubes that you turn over and it landed thus when I knocked it over one day. I liked it so much that I've kept it that way ever since. The anarchy of it makes me smile.
5. I can sing (OK, I use that word loosely) the full versions of many 1970s and 1980s adverts, including Hoseasons Boating and Matey Bubble Bath.
6. Topics on which I have very strong opinions include religion, religious schools, astrology and alternative therapies (raiki for example). I will not enter into discussions about any of these (especially online) due to my tendency to become frustrated, angry and wanting to tear my hair out. They're best avoided.
7. Stephen Fry is one of the few celebrities I can tolerate. He's actually one of my all time heroes and I would love him to read me a bedtime story every night from a rocking chair beside my bed. I would crochet him a blanket to go over his legs and keep him cozy.
Right, those are my random points plucked from somewhere in my head.
I now officially pass the Versatile Blogger Award to the following very worthy recipients:
Natalie at http://nofkantscurios.blogspot.com/
Lorna at http://dabandadash.blogspot.com/
Emma at http://ritzyswish.blogspot.com/
Jane at http://theemporiumofcuriosities.blogspot.com/
Hannah at http://shooglybeads.blogspot.com/