Follow UmbelMania on Twitter

Monday 30 May 2011

This is how to relax

We've been lounge lizards today here. I was supreme wifey and made a delicious cooked breakfast, much to the glee of hub, who usually grabs cereal. Next we installed ourselves on the couch, still in pyjamas and watched film after film after film. I spent the whole time knitting as well, just so I wasn't totally slobbish.

The bag is coming along nicely. I've finished the body of it and am now making the shoulder strap. After that I'll crochet some flowers to go on it, sew it all together and felt the whole lot. I can't help but think this would all be much easier and quicker if I were a knitting machine user, and I doubt I'll be making many more of these because it's so very time consuming. I did want to make just one though because I love felted bags muchly. I purposely chose a colour scheme that isn't my personal favourite because I will probably want to give it as a gift. If it went with all my outfits (black and purple) I don't think I'd ever part with it!

I'm still not dressed, though I have punctuated my day by having a bath and a read. I'm not sure how it could have been any more of a relaxing day. Wonderful!

Oh and for anyone who reads this before midnight and would like one of my paintings, there's a half price sale in my shop. One has already gone, four left. I'm now working on a whole load of new work in larger format, so they'll all be more expensive. Get it while it's hot folks! (edit - and another one gone)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.