Follow UmbelMania on Twitter

Friday 20 May 2011

Friday is bookday

Another busy day round here. This is becoming a theme, not that I'm complaining!

I made a special book today for my father in law's birthday. I thought I'd try out a new method for the stitching, which worked well but was a bit slow. It could be that it was a bit of pilot error and the fact that I haven't done it before of course, so I won't throw the idea out just yet. It looked gorgeous, but I didn't manage to get a photo because I was in such a hurry. For what it's worth, it was a black leather cover with black stitching and a closure of a large red enamelled coconut button. I also made him a card before dashing off for a shower and to the bus to meet hub from work. What a tizzy!

I'm back home now, obviously. We've had a really big treat of squid for dinner and it was scrumptious. I need to clean up my working devastation and get onto the next book (another leather one has been ordered - yay!), but it will be tomorrow before I make any move because I'm whacked now.

No specific plans for the weekend, apart from work related ones. We'll see how it pans out. Maybe a trip to the cinema or a browse round the car boot sale. Who knows what mysterious fun's in store?

Oh and I do have a book planned that's a bit different. I found some fabric yesterday that I'd put away for the future (about 4 years ago if I remember correctly). I might keep this one for myself, because crazy as it sounds, I don't actually own one of my books. I should really be carrying at least one round and using it so people can ask me where I got it from!

A happy weekend to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.